Deb Bowen Rees, CEO of Cardiff Airport, said: “We are deeply saddened by today’s announcement that Thomas Cook has ceased operations. Our thoughts are with our many friends and colleagues at Thomas Cook as well as our customers who have had their travel plans disrupted.
“As one of the UK’s oldest tour operators, Thomas Cook is a well-known brand across South Wales, and our customers have been flying with them for some 25 years to enjoy holidays abroad.
“To reconfirm, from 23rd September 2019, Thomas Cook has ceased trading and all future flights from the UK are cancelled. Customers due to fly from Cardiff are advised not to travel to the Airport. All other flights are operating as normal.
“We would like to reassure customers that we will do our up most to support in the repatriation efforts, and we will continue to work closely with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to facilitate arrangements for any customers affected by this news.
“For advice and information please use the CAA contacts as below.
0300 303 2800 (UKI)
+44 01753 330 330 (Overseas)
Download the leaflet: Information for Passengers
Advice for customers due to fly from Cardiff with Thomas Cook
- Customers are advised not to travel to the Airport
- Please adhere to advice offered by the CAA
- Flights from Cardiff to Antalya, Dalaman, Enfidha, Larnaca, Palma, Reus, Rhodes, Tenerife, Zakynthos and Arrecife are also operated by TUI, while Vueling Airlines also operates a regular service to Palma
- Customers that were due to fly from Cardiff today and have not pre-booked and paid for car parking in advance can exit our car parks free of charge, please press the assistance button at the exit barrier
- Customers that were due to fly from Cardiff and have pre-booked and paid for on site car parking in advance should follow Holiday Extras guidelines
- If customers have booked and paid for car parking at an off site car park then contact the company used to make the booking
- Customers that were due to fly from Cardiff and have pre-booked Executive Lounge access will be eligible for a refund. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with name, flight and lounge booking reference.
Advice for customers due to return to Cardiff with Thomas Cook
- Your return flight with Thomas Cook will not operate as planned
- Please adhere to advice offered by the CAA who will provide clear guidance on alternative travel options
- Customers who arrive back in the UK after your expected return date will have any additional car parking fees waived on exit. Please press the assistance button at the exit barrier.