Claim a VAT Return


Claiming VAT back on Tax Free Shopping

If you are an overseas visitor to the UK, you may claim back VAT on goods you buy in the UK from shops that offer tax-free shopping. To find out whether you are eligible, please visit

All passengers who wish to claim Tax/VAT back need to acquire a VAT 704 claim form which can be obtained from the retailers (These forms must be acquired at time of purchase, or from the same store, however ultimately this is the passenger’s responsibility).

If passengers do not have a VAT 704 claim form, they can send a letter with receipts and contact details instead (This is not guaranteed.)

The tax return ‘post box’ for returning forms is located on the right hand side of the Duty Free store, just after you pass through security.

For further clarification and more information on claiming back VAT on Tax Free shopping, please refer to