Cardiff Airport is committed to providing assistance to passengers with reduced mobility (PRMs) who require assistance during their time at the Airport, from your arrival until you board the aircraft, and from the point of disembarkation until you leave the airport.
To make sure that we can offer you the best possible service at the airport we recommend that you pre-book with either your tour operator, the airline or wish us directly; we can be reached the following ways:
Telephone: +44 1446 729 329
For those needing special assistance we have the following facilities available:
- Five special assistance call points located in the drop off zone, short stay and long stay car parks
- A special assistance reception desk located in the check-in hall where we can determine the level of assistance required and explain what will happen next.
- Outbound special assistance passengers can be assisted from check in, through to security, into the departures lounge and onto the aircraft.
- Inbound special assistance passengers can be assisted to disembark the aircraft and taken through passport control, customs and the baggage hall.
- Passengers can be assisted back to the special assistance points in the car parks or to the public transport facilities available.
Other facilities include:
- Dedicated special assistance car parking spaces in the car parks - click here for details on parking
- Passengers can be dropped off in front of the terminal building
- Low level kerbs at terminal entrance and exit
- Use of airport wheelchairs throughout the terminal building
- Passengers may retain their own wheelchairs up until boarding; please check with your airline for confirmation
- Lifts between all floors
- Specially designated toilets on the first floor, departure lounge and arrivals hall
- A special assistance waiting area in the departure lounge is available with low level courtesy phone, flight information screen and induction loop
- Fast-track for wheelchair and special assistance passengers at security central search
- Induction loops at check-in and other areas
- Flight information monitors and spoken announcements of all flight related messages
- Telephones of reduced height are available throughout the terminal
- Ambulift for boarding aircrafts
- All information for PRMs and restaurant menus in Braille.
Download the Service Level Agreement
For information about the legislation for Passengers with Reduced Mobility travelling by air please visit these websites: