The Cardiff Airport Touchdown Programme
Cardiff Airport will strive to make a distinctive contribution to the community through the establishment of effective partnerships and programmes that make best use of the energies and skills of our employees.
All community activity will be under the umbrella of 'The Cardiff Airport Touchdown Programme' and will focus on the following areas;
- Charity support
- The Community Fund
- The Learning Programme
- Community contact
The programme will be coordinated by 'The Touchdown Committee'.
A number of core principles will underpin all our activities in relation to community investment namely to:
- Support and embrace community projects and charities that are aligned to our strategic objectives and enhance our operational ability and reputation
- Display quality through the partners and activities with which we become involved, quality of the relationships we establish and quality of the impact of what we support
- Prioritise people through the type and quality of the projects in which we become involved
- Have stable relationships with our partners and support activities with a lasting impact over time or which lead to a major, sustained improvement in people's circumstances
- Strive to ensure equitable and balanced geographical spread of activity across Wales but focussing on the core catchment area in south Wales
- Endeavour to support programmes that are inclusive in their nature and span all social backgrounds
Cardiff Airport will not provide support to individuals or groups with political or religious connections.