Cardiff Airport is committed to providing assistance to passengers with reduced mobility (PRMs) who require assistance during their time at the airport, from their arrival until they board the aircraft, and from the point of disembarkation until they leave the airport.
The following facilities are available:
- Three special assistance call points located in the car parks and outside the main entrance of the terminal
Passengers will be able to use the call points to report their arrival.
- A special assistance reception desk located in the check-in hall
All relevant details will be taken to determine the level of assistance required and the process will be explained here.
- Assistance for passengers travelling outbound
Outbound special assistance passengers can be assisted from check in, through to security, into the departures lounge and onto the aircraft.
- Assistance for passengers travelling inbound
Inbound special assistance passengers can be assisted to disembark the aircraft and taken through passport control, customs and the baggage hall.
- Assistance to the car park or public transport on return
Passengers can be assisted back to the special assistance points in the car parks or to the public transport facilities available.